Friday, April 3, 2009

93/365


Ahhh...the surgery went well this morning. I am so very thankful we were able to have this done quickly and he did so fantastic! When we got there and they took us back the first thing they did was take him to this area with three cabinets full of big stuffed teddy bears and let him pick any one he wanted. I couldn't believe it! He picked one and carried that thing with him the entire morning while we were there. It was so cute. And of course he took it to bed with him tonight. He did so fantastic I couldn't be prouder. Although I will admit it was really hard to hand him over when he staretd crying because I couldn't go with him. Broke my heart. And he was crying when I went back to the recovery area as well. I asked him if he was hurting or scared and he said scared and sobbed and sobbed. I felt terrible! But I know it had to be done. He already is acting like he feels so much better. And he hasn't said "sounds" or "noises" once today! He must have been hurting pretty bad because he would say that nearly all day before. So thankful!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment