Tuesday, September 8, 2009

251/365


Busy, busy day. The boys had school today so I dropped them off and then headed to join the gym! I am excited and now trying to figure out when I can go since child care is limited. Hmm...I will get there tomorrow or Thursday!

The boys did well this afternoon and Cameron had an evaluation for my concerns over the stimulation thing. She confirmed that yes, he is what they call sensory seeking. He needs constant stimulation with a good mixture of down time thrown in there. Hmm. Noah is totally the opposite which makes for very interesting days around here the last few months. But at least she had good ideas for me and we will begin OT and they will also be able to help me figure out other ways to keep him stimulated but not too stimulated. Make any sense? In other words once he passes the over-stimulated point it is not pretty and we have trouble on our hands. But if he doesn't get enough stimulation he turns into the "tasmanian devil" (he words, not mine but I thought they were very appropriate). So will be fun over the coming weeks to see how things progress. Thank goodness for OT people!

I got to go to a MNO and enjoy some time with a couple other moms. Much needed break and it was enjoyable just to sit and chat with a nice drink. I think it took me the entire night to drink one drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment