Wednesday, September 9, 2009

252/365


Where to even begin on today. Wow. It started off innocently enough but then spiraled out of control in the afternoon. Me in my brilliant thinking scheduled a dentist appointment for the boys at 2:00 pm since they have not been napping. Wouldn't you know it...they both said they wanted to stay in their beds instead of leave. Ugh! The appointment went okay (could have been better) but when we went to leave my car was dead. I mean DEAD. I couldn't even lock the doors back. Of course I was able to open the car and put the boys in and everything. So had to take them back out and go back into their office (which I am sure they were just thrilled over) and sit and wait for hubby to come to the rescue.

After that the boys were just exhausted. Noah ended up falling asleep on me at around 4:00ish and slept for an hour. Mean while Cameron decided since I had a sleeping brother on my lap it was his turn to go crazy. Just one of those afternoons I wanted to crawl into bed and forget happened.

But oh, there still had to be more. After their bath Cameron was walking down the stairs and Noah was walking up. They met on about the fifth or sixth step from the bottom. Do you see where this is going? Cameron just pushed Noah down the stairs. I was mortified. It all happened in slow motion for me. Thankfully, Cameron didn't push very hard and Noah almost caught his balance because he just kind of stumbled down the first few stairs and then fell over and rolled down the last three or so. I knew this would happen one day. I have been waiting for it for over a year now. Just thankful he wasn't hurt and I think it scared them both enough that they won't be doing that again any time soon. Or at least I pray so!

Now it's time for me to go to bed and sleep it off. Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment